If your a fan on Facebook you might remember I posted a photo of a teapot I was working on a few weeks ago for a custom order. Well here it is finished!
I couldn’t help but think about the other teapot I made about two years ago now. Making teapots isn’t an easy task, there’s a lot of processes involved – throwing the body, the spout, the lid and handle. Once all the bits have been created you then have to stick them all together and get the visual balance between the handle and the spout right.
Looking back I’m surprised just how much my work has changed, not only in the technique but also in style. I mean just look at that lid! Anyway I don’t think I’ll sell my little black teapot, being my first it’s nice to have a reminder of the kind of work I made when I was starting out.
I remember it was such a struggle to throw something that was over a kilo in size for the body of the teapot but now it’s something I do regularly making yarn bowls! It’ll be interesting to see how in another two years my work continues to change and develop, thats something I love about pottery – theres always something new to learn!